Monday 8 February 2010

The SJ Update

Ok so as you all know I was due to meet up with SJ for a second date, it ran far from smoothly and was very confusing....

I had arranged to get out of work early and meet SJ for dinner just after 6pm on a Thursday night. We had picked a pub to meet at and it was there that we were going to eat. I arrived and the carpark was absolutely rammed. After finding myself a space and waiting 15 mins SJ finally showed up.

My phone rang 'I can't get a space, do you know anywhere else?' I suggested somewhere and she followed me as I sped off. When we arrived we walked in and straight out again - the place was full of screaming kids! Eventually we found somewhere and ordered our food.

The conversation was awkward and didn't flow well at all. At times there was uncomfortable silences and after the barmaid had been very flirty with me i'd decided to try and catch her eye - unfortunately I failed!

At times I felt like just calling it a night but for some reason I stuck it out, we ended the date with a kiss and a fumble. Which after the rubbish time we'd obviously both just had confused me even more!

Once we were both back home the texts started, She seems really uncomfortable with being single and wanted me to know that if anything was to happen between us she'd want to see me at least every other day (I guess this was due to me telling her how busy my week had been with kids, beer and football). It was decided that I was not what she was looking for and she's not really what I want. Whats wrong with taking things slowly and letting them just progress naturally, everyone seems in such a rush these days!

1 comment:

  1. Woah! She told you she wanted to see you every other day? Ugh! I'm a commitment phobe, and something like that makes me want to go and hide in my own ovaries.

    But no worries, I'm sure you'll meet a much nicer, less awkward lady soon. One who doesn't hide in her ovaries at the first sign of a relationship ;)

    ReplyDelete