Thursday 28 January 2010

Desperate?? I think not....

Something strange happens when you try internet dating, people think you must be desperate. Any mates you tell certainly think so, which is why I don't tell many! Also the other site users seem to think you are too..

Why else would a HUGE 56 year old woman with 27 kids contact me with a message like 'your cute' or 'nice smile, wanna chat'?? Ok, so maybe thats a slight exageration but i'm sure you understand my point. There's a sense of freedom that internet dating gives you, a freedom from consequences. If I ask a stunning girl in a bar for her number theres a good chance of humiliation, where as on the internet I just get deleted. This is not a good thing, hence the 25 stone grandma's getting flirty with me!

I try to answer every message with at least a 'thanks for the compliment' or 'thankyou for the kind message' unfortunately this seems to encourage some in their quest for a date. Resorting to begging is not attractive, nor as a message does that I have received tonight does slagging off my football team turn me on - it just makes me imagine a life of arguments about football inside the sanctuary of my own home as well as down the pub.

Anyway... rant over! Sunday evening involved a trip to Sam's again, she introduced me to her daughter! Although very sweet this seemed a little too early for me and made me feel uncomfortable - I have been single for about 4 years in that time I have had plenty of relationships but my children have only ever met one partner, a partner that I was with for about 6 months. Still each to their own I guess. I just hate the worry that comes with it all - will the kid get attached, if we don't 'date' again will she think its the childs fault etc....

So tomorrow (Thursday) I am getting an early finish from work and have arranged to meet up again with SJ. We are going for a meal as we'll both be going straight from work. I tried to pick somewhere not too expensive - just incase! Been looking at her pictures again and man she has some body! Probably why we're meeting for a second date, although we did get on well too - but is that enough??

I shall update on Friday with details from the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment